I'm not big on ceremony, on waiting for events to line up before I commit to a certain course of action. I've never resolved to start a diet or exercise program on January 1st. When I want or need change in my life, I tend to start it now when it needs doing (albeit sometimes after a respectable procrastination period).
But...argh...I love making lists. So here are my career-related resolutions/goals for 2011:
1. Work smarter.
2. Be more patient.
3. Learn something new every day (which I do already).
4. I've been a very fortunate woman this year, so I'd like to give back more to other writers. Others have helped me and it seems right to perpetuate that. Good writer karma.
5. Write a handful of shorts set in my post-apocalyptic world.
6. Write the best books that I can.
On a personal level:
7. Be more patient (can you tell I struggle with this? :D )
8. Reply to my email more promptly (or when I get around to it).
9. I resolve to not get lost more than once per week. Or, when I do, use the phrase "There's more than one way to get to XYZ".
10. Maintain my current weight/health and improve my overall fitness level.
11. Enjoy life--because it's really pretty sweet.
Happy New Year, folks!